Forward Head Posture.Most of the athletes and common people suffer from poor head posture. It is about distortion of head and neck and back alignment. The average human head weighs between 8 and 10 pounds. In the neutral posture, head directly over top the spine; the head feels nearly weightless, because the body is perfectly balanced. But for every inch the head moves forward, it feels as if its weight has doubled. This is due to the effects of gravity (simple physics – remember the terms lever and fulcrum?).
The muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back are forced to work to support the head in this position. The resulting strain on your muscles is exhausting and once these muscles become exhausted is when we are more prone to discomfort and injury.
As the main connector between your upper torso and skull, the neck xhas the crucial task of cradling the body’s computer — the brain.
The number of symptoms directly trace back to poor posture is just as shocking. Not only does Forward Head Posture give your back that ugly hunch and crouched-over look… it also causes much deeper, serious problems including:
- Constant fatigue and lack of energy
- Pain in your neck, shoulders or upper, lower and middle back
- Permanent damage to your joints, muscles, ligaments, blood vessels & nerves
- Headaches and migraines
- Poor sleep or insomnia
- Impaired athletic performance
- Loss of height
- Looking fatter than you actually are
- Affects your hormonal health
- Noisy mouth breathing, snoring & sleep apnea
- Early degeneration of your spine
- Pinched and trapped nerves
- Decreased range of motion
- Lack of confidence
- Blood Flow to the Brain
- Decreased lung capacity by up to 30%
- Harmful affects to vision and hearing
- Jaw pain and sinus issues
- Dizziness, vertigo and balance issues
- Burdens your digestive system
If you’ve suffered any of these without realizing the root problem was Forward Head Posture, you’re not alone (90% Americans are sufferers).Forward Head Posture or FHP affects nearly everybody, yet hardly anyone understands the serious long-term physical and mental damage it can cause.@@@@
Your comments/questions regarding Body posture are invited.
Major P L Devand(retd)
(Certfied team leader Healthy for life program,NLP master practicener, NVC practicener,Allexander technique practicener, Buteyko breathing normalisation trainer,Recky grand master)
邮箱验证 · March 22, 2023 at 2:35 pm
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.